frameset and frame borders

From: Aapo Romu <aapo.romu@helsinki.fi>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 20:12:33 +0300
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi, All!

I guess I'm not the only one with this problem and I also found some answers
from web authoring FAQ. My problem is that I want to use frames without any
borders or border spacing. Solution is to use following attributes in
frameset tag:

<FRAMESET ... BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>

However after this has been done the document does not validate anymore with
xhtml-frameset.dtd. My question is that would it be possible to get some
kind of transitional version of the DTD that would allow those attributes?

Is there any known workaround for this problem?

I'm also developing a frameless version of the site but for visual reasons I
need the framed version also. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards:
	Aapo Romu

Exitium                 Email  aapo.romu@exitium.com
Aapo Romu               http://www.exitium.com