Re: validator.w3.org/check should redirect to front page if nothing given

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:16:02 +0100 (BST)
To: Seamus Abshere <sabshere@Princeton.EDU>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Seamus Abshere wrote:

> dear Validator team,
>
> I use your tool constantly. Here is the reason behind my suggestion:

Won't work.

Or rather, it could work, but the side effect would be to risk sending
someone into a confusing and futile infinite loop if they hit check
with no URL in different circumstances.

Better an error page including a link to the homepage.

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/