Re: Validation fails on XHTM 1.1 + MathML

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 18:32:08 +0100 (BST)
To: Håvard Skjæveland <pho@dataportalen.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Håvard Skjæveland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using XHTML 1.1 + MathML, and get the following error when trying
to validate:

You cannot legally serve that as text/html.  If you serve it as an XHTML
or XML type, the validator will know to look in the XML catalogue.

> "Fatal Error: cannot find "UPD-MathML2-20030620/xhtml-math11-f.dtd"; tried"

Not sure where that's coming from.  No time now, but unless someone
does know, that wants looking at.  Someone bug me on IRC tonight?

> This didn't happen before the make-over. Am I or the validator doing
  someting wrong? The page I'm trying to validate is
  http://www.dataportalen.com/pho/ .

The DTD you want may be
http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd

But OpenSP should have followed the redirect.

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/