Re: XHTML 1.0 Validation error?

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 19:54:38 +0100
To: Ryan Cannon <Ryan@RyanCannon.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 18:00, Ryan Cannon wrote:
> I received this explanation for why my page did NOT validate as XHTML
> Strict:

>      1. Line 69, column 50: there is no attribute "target"
>         (explain...).

> I assume this to be an error

It is not an error, the Strict DTD does not include the target
attribute.

> , as the rest of my similar links did not incur an error.

IIRC the validator does not report multiple instances of the same error
message. I think there was some discussion of this a couple of months
ago, but I can not find it in the archives.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>