Re: Validator doesn't check wellformedness

From: <Nils_Kilden-Pedersen@Countrywide.Com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:22:57 -0800
To: david@dorward.me.uk
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
"David Dorward" <david@dorward.me.uk> wrote on 03/30/2004 09:06:07 AM:
> On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 17:02, Nils_Kilden-Pedersen@Countrywide.Com wrote:
> And you did read the warnings about the limitations of the validator's
> XML support? http://openjade.sourceforge.net/doc/xml.htm

No, I hadn't read that. What caught my attention was the statement: "This
Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict!". Since XML (and hence XHTML) must be
well-formed, that statement is, strictly speaking, incorrect.
Maybe it would be worth considering using a different parser for documents
identified as XML, either through the XML declaration or through MIME
type?

Thanks,
Nils