RE: Link Checker Bug???

From: <Naoyuki.Kobayashi@shinsei-it.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:12:26 +0900
To: <david@dorward.me.uk>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

David,

Thank you for your prompt response!
Now I understand.

Regards,
Kobayashi

-----Original Message-----
From: David Dorward [mailto:david@dorward.me.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 6:07 PM
To: Kobayashi Naoyuki
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: Link Checker Bug???

On 19 Mar 2004, at 08:51, <Naoyuki.Kobayashi@shinsei-it.com> wrote:
> This is SHINSEI BANK, LIMITED in Japan.
> I checked the top page of our site "http://www.shinseibank.com/" by
> W3C Link Checker, but at least 1 link was not detected.
> It is http://www.shinseibank.com/sitemap.html .

As far as I can tell, in that (invalid[1]!) document, there is no link
to sitemap.html - there are a couple of references to it within
JavaScript, but not in the HTML.

The link checker doesn't find the link because it does not exist.

[1] Never blame a tool for making a mistake with an HTML document if
the document does not conform to the HTML specification.

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>