Issue with Validating Uploaded Files

From: Timothy A. Napthali <Timothya@napthali.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:14:16 +1100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

There is probably a simple explanation but, I am having a strange issue
with the validator. I have asked in a few news groups I have but
received any clarification.

I am validating some XHTML 1.1 pages. If I validate the page as a URL it
validates perfectly. If I try to validate the same page as an uploaded
file it throws this error "Sorry, I am unable to validate this document
because its content type is text/plain, which is not currently supported
by this service". The pages in question are just plain HTML (that is no
JavaScript, server side code etc.). I have also tried it with a random
selection of other XHTML 1.1 pages from various Internet web sites,
including some XHTML 1.0 Strict pages from W3 and the same thing
happens.

I have been uploading and validating files in this manner for many years
now with no problems. Has something changed recently?

Kind regards,
Tim.