Re: XHTML Mobile Profile support?

* Peter Sheerin wrote:
>I know that XHTML MP is not a W3-sponsored doctype, but it is the
>latest, official format for WAP 2.0-capable mobile phones. Does the
>W3C have any plans to add support for this doctype to the validator,
>or is there another validator around that can handle it?

I guess you mean support for the application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml type. If
you deliver your documents as application/xhtml+xml the validator
supports the XHTML Mobile Profile, just like any other proprietary
document type. I would suggest to lobby the Open Mobile Alliance to
register the MIME type... Even though I somewhat miss the point of
having this MIME type in the first place, implementations are required
to support application/xhtml+xml anyway.

PS: Please do not send HTML mails to public mailing lists.