Possible Validation Error

From: Sullivan, Bob RO Denver <Bob.Sullivan@ssa.gov>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:12:56 -0500
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>

Using the following screen, I am sending a file for validation:

This is the exact content of the beginning of the file that I am submitting.
(Please note the red annotation.)

<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd> ">
	        content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
	    Center for Disability - Resource Information
	  <link href="/css/denver no overflow.css"
	        type="text/css" />

This is the result that I am getting; please note that it identifies the
DOCTYPE and the Encoding that I used.  Nevertheless, it says that no
encoding was found!

	It is interesting to note that the source listing (in line 7) does
not show <meta http-equiv="Content-Type", but rather <meta
http-equiv="Content-Typ!" [emphasis added].

	Stranger still, sometimes this same file validates just fine, i.e.,
without a "tentative" warning.  Please note that I cannot detect a pattern
or any other reason why the same file is sometimes OK and why it sometimes
give me the "tentative" warning.

	I am also getting this same "tentative" warning on many other files
that I am submitting, files that have the same heading parameters (although,
I also get validation on the exact same files without the "tentative"

	Is this my problem, or is this occurring with other validation

	Bob Sullivan