Re: validating error need help

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 21:10, Nguyen, Long P (Mission Systems) wrote:

> I installed and configured the Validator on one of my local machine -
> I am able to click on the link that takes me to the Markup Validation
> Servicev0.6.6 on that local machine and when I go to validate by URL
> and type in the address and click check - I get the following errors
> below.  What is causing this?  Did I miss something in the
> instalaltion or any thoughts to this?  Thank you.
>

> Error 404

The case of this error is the same as for pretty much any time you see
it - the URL in the addressbar is pointing at something which doesn't
exist. Check the server log files to see where on your file system it is
trying to find the check script and then see where it really is.

You should then set up an alias or move the file. Most likely you got
something wrong in setting up httpd.conf.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>