[VE][63] Error Message Feedback

From: Chavez Del Cid, Jose Luis <jchavezc@sat.gob.gt>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:42:56 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org
According to my knowledge, this error shouldn't appear, because atomic tags, need to be closed:

<link .../>

<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" value="dDwtMjMxNTY3NzkwOzs+RvLJaaHYEtCYMeVbb3xDliYik7Q=" />

On DOM 1 the interface HTMLForm defines a name attribute...I haven´t checked xhtml 1.1, but it's a standard behavior.

1.	Line 6, column 67: character data is not allowed here
2.	<link rel="css/satse5.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

You have used character data somewhere it is not permitted to appear. Mistakes that can cause this error include putting text directly in the body of the document without wrapping it in a container element (such as a <p>aragraph</p>) or forgetting to quote an attribute value (where characters such as "%" and "/" are common, but cannot appear without surrounding quotes).

Thanks for your time

José Luis Chávez del Cid

Administrador del Sitio de Internet

Analista de Sistemas de Aduanas

Superintendencia de Administración Tributaria, Guatemala

Tel. 253-1193 x 207

www.SAT.gob.gt

Tu podrás detener este esfuerzo individual, pero nunca podrás detenernos a todos . . .después de todo, todos somos iguales

La Conciencia de un Hacker, The Mentor, 1/Agosto/1986