RE: target in xhtml11

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:13:21 +0100 (BST)
To: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Allan Smith wrote:

> Re option 2 - javascript
> The suggested code obviously works

> But then creates a problem when validating with WCAG / Bobby etc  along the
> lines of
> ... Find a way of doing this that does not use a mouse.. (my words)

if that usage of is rejected, then the tool rejecting it is *badly* broken.
There is a perfectly good fallback: namely the href attribute.

But you really shouldn't use XHTML 1.1 on the Web.  The 'majority' browser
doesn't support it at all, unless you (illegally) serve it as broken HTML.

Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/