RE: target in xhtml11

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:13:21 +0100 (BST)
To: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Allan Smith wrote:

> Re option 2 - javascript
> The suggested code obviously works

Indeed.

> But then creates a problem when validating with WCAG / Bobby etc  along the
>
> lines of
> ... Find a way of doing this that does not use a mouse.. (my words)

if that usage of is rejected, then the tool rejecting it is *badly* broken.
There is a perfectly good fallback: namely the href attribute.

But you really shouldn't use XHTML 1.1 on the Web.  The 'majority' browser
doesn't support it at all, unless you (illegally) serve it as broken HTML.

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/