Re: New Error Message Suggestion

On Jun 6, 2004, at 7:38 PM, Ioan Vlad wrote:

> Dear W3 guys,
>
> I see the www-validator flagging the following thing in my code as a
> mistake, but I think this is rather useful instead of a mistake.
> When I close this tag, instead of simply closing it with </div>, I
> close
> it with

That's cute, but it's still a mistake, because that's not valid HTML
or XHTML.  What was your question/request?  Should the Validator pass
something as "valid HTML" when it's not, or do you want a change to
the HTML specification?

Myself, I do this:

Works for me, and it's standards-compliant.

--Kynn

> --
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com
Author, CSS in 24 Hours                       http://cssin24hours.com
Online Campaign Manager                   http://ByronForCongress.org
Inland Anti-Empire Web Log                http://inlandantiempire.org
AIM:  NextOfKynn  |  Cell:  (909) 202-9872  |  Office: (714) 526-5656