Re: 508 Compliant

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:48:40 +0100 (BST)
To: Warner Taylor <wtaylor@wallace.edu>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Warner Taylor wrote:

> Are you'll going to make a validator to see if pages are 508 Compliant?
> If you have one already, where would I be able to locate it?  Thanks a
> lot

That is not the purpose of the validator.  However, there are other
tools that can help you verify section 508 compliance (always bearing
in mind the caveat that 508 is not a formal spec that can be rigorously
tested against.  I'll of course recommend AccessValet, at
http://valet.webthing.com/access/

--
Nick Kew