Re: Validator to warn about proprietary files embedded into webpages?

Hello

Thank you for the suggestions.

on the 10/07/04 13:05, Jim Ley wrote:
> "David Dorward" <david@dorward.me.uk> wrote in message
>> You could try using a browser which ignores unknown <object>s instead of
>> prompting you to install the needed software.
>
> Something which even IE6 does under windows XP sp2

IE/Microsoft Windows is banished from my business (for their frequent
security flaws).  Removing the libnull plug-in from my present Mozilla
install seems to stop the pop-ups from sites without adverse affects
I am told.

My idea was to be able to check customers websites for non-standard
embedded content (which could be replaced with a link instead etc).
Using grep is my present solution offline.

Regards

JG