How to kill the link checker

From: Jonathan Berry <jberry@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:13:31 -0800
To: www-validator@w3.org

I'm sorry if you have already seen this message, but
I haven't seen the original in the archives nor
received it on the list.

The following test file (containing one (1) link), see
below, will kill the Link Checker.  After about 1 minute
and 42 seconds, the browser comes back with a message
that the connection has been broken by the remote server.

I believe that the correct action would be for the
link to be marked as questionable.  The same link in the midst
of a larger file will cause the same action and prevent
further processing of the file.

------------------------- copy

 Link Checker: http://www.islandnet.com/~jberry/ test.htm

Processing http://www.islandnet.com/~jberry/test.htm

Go to the results.

For reliable link checking results, check HTML validity first. See also CSS validity.

Back to the link checker.

Parsing...
 done (8 lines in 0.0s).
Checking anchors...