Re: Ignores <META http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" ...>

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:44:44 +0000 (GMT)
To: incerti auctoris <incertia@hotmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

> So what is the point of supplying a deafult with Content-Style-Type??
> I must specifiy a default, but it will be ignored if I do? Huh?
>
> Is the error with me or the Specification or a mixture?

The spec is by definition correct.

OTOH, many of us think it has some nasty bugs.  The bit about
Content-Style-Type is sheer gibberish, not least because it's
postulating an HTTP header that isn't HTTP.

The validator tests conformance to the DTD, which (in this instance)
makes more sense than the text you cite.

--
Nick Kew