W3 Validator results page not valid...

From: Stuart Schofield <s2art@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:54:34 -0800
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi,

I am not a member of this list nor am I familiar with your lists "culture"
so forgive me for the format of this post. The opportunity to post to this
list was presented at the following location:
http://validator.w3.org/feedback.html

I am posting this because I appreciate the validation service you provide.

Thank you,

Stuart Schofield

Problem:
========

Validator results page does not pass it's own validation.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidator.w3.org%2Fcheck

Circumstances:
==============

I uploaded my file to http://validator.w3.org/ using the "Browse" then
"Validate" options.

The resulting page ( http://validator.w3.org/check ) contains my validation
results. At the bottom of this results page is the XHTML 1.0 "Validated"
button.

Clicking on the XHTML 1.0 button reveals that the
http://validator.w3.org/check page is not valid. The XHTML 1.0 button posts
the following:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fvalidator.w3.org%2Fcheck

Comments:
=========

I am in the process of validating my site. When I validated one of my pages
I noticed the XHTML 1.0 icon at the bottom of the W3 results page. I clicked
on it with the thought that I could perhaps certify my pages to this
standard and wanted to see what a successful results page looked like. I was
surprised to find that the http://validator.w3.org/check page failed.

I am sure that it is not easy to make every page compliant all of the time,
however, I know that I would be embarrassed if the validation confirmation
link on my page failed.