Nowrap tag/Anchor Target

From: T. Hart <_rovy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:55:29 -0800 (PST)
To: www-validator@w3.org

I have two questions, I hope that is not a problem.

First is the nowrap attribute in the TD tag. I noticed
it is now depreciated, but couldn't find out what it
was replaced by (if anything). So, my question is
basically, what is it replaced by, or do you just have
to take more time when creating table/column widths?

Second, I've read about how the target attribute is
not validating with 4.1 Strict, or XHTML 1.1. Now, I
can see a number of uses where this would be useful,
but I also can see where it would be annoying. I guess
my question is, is there some other code that could be
put in there to open a new window (like javascript),
that would still validate on the highest level?

Thanks for your time.