what is 'FOO'?

From: Nikolai Franke <arbeit@form-und-sinn.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:07:14 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

hello

I just tried to use the validator's explanatory service; unfortunately,
although I know some html, I wasn't able to, because I could not find out
what 'FOO' might refer to, which seems a key term on the entire page
(somehow it seems to be just a variable, a placeholder, but not quite). It
isn't explained anywhere.

I think I might not be the only one with this problem. Maybe you could tell
me, and also make it clear at some public spot?

thanks a lot