Re: W3C Conformance Logos

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:20:46 +0900
Cc: Validator list <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Damien Bezborodow <damo@palominoweb.com>
Hello Damien,

Thanks for contacting us regarding your re-design of the logos.

On Feb 20, 2004, at 15:35, Damien Bezborodow wrote:
> I have made a few small modifications to the W3C conformance logos and
> I was encouraged by others to send them in.
> http://eedev.palominoweb.com/global/w3c/

Can you give a list of the modifications? I see the "tick" is different
and has a drop-shadow. I'm curious though, is the WCAG badge the only
one to have a white-to-gold gradient?

I do like your modifications, although whether these are better than
the originals is probably a matter of taste.

In fact, we have already been working on badges in SVG (and generated
versions in PNG etc.), which would not only be cool but would also
allow us to generate new badges easily, but unless you have an SVG
version of your logos, it may put your work in a "cool, but"
situation/.
Reference :
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qa-dev/2004Feb/0020.html

In any case these are nice logos, and I will bring them to the
attention of the people responsible for branding and logos at W3C. I
will contact you when that is done.

thanks
--
olivier