Legend Tag error!!!

From: <cg106@gre.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:10:01 +0000
To: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi,

I am trying to make my web page XHTML 1.0 Transitional. I a using the W3C
MarkUp Validation service and it returns me an error on an attribute in the
legend tag.

I am using <legend align="center"> but it says that align cannot be center,
must be top, bottom or left. However when I looked up the Legend tag at W3
Schools, it states that align can be left, center, or right.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_legend.asp

Is this an error in the validation service??

Thanks for your help