Re: New member, and confirming the current state?

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:51:54 +0900
Cc: Validator list <www-validator@w3.org>
To: ian.stuart@ed.ac.uk

Hi Ian, and welcome.

On Jan 31, 2004, at 00:39, Ian Stuart wrote:
> I am maintaining a local validator to improve my own services, and
> those
> of the others in the team(s) I work with.

Excellent! As you may have seen, local install is somewhat of a hot
topic these days, with many people trying with more or less luck and
success.

> Can I confirm that the tarball is the current public release version

Yes, the tarball is equivalent to the service at validator.w3.org, and
is the stable release.

> that the UNSTABLE version is 0.6.0

Almost. The unstable version (the HEAD in CVS) is a (broken) preview of
something that may become 0.7.0. 0.6.0 has been released a while ago.

>  and BETA #2 is 0.6.5?

Actually, there is a Beta1 of version 0.6.5 that has been tested on
validator.w3.org:8001, and the beta2, which you have got from CVS, is
what will be tested as 0.6.5beta2 soonish.

Good that you like the new design, even if it still needs some work.
Your feedback there, and in general your (early) feedback on the CVS
code for 0.6.5beta2, is very welcome, either here or on the IRC channel
if you prefer to chat with us directly.

cheers,
--
olivier