Re: Valid XHTML 1.1 and CSS But it is not displayed right.

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:18:59 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Abyss" <info@abyss.ws>
Hello

On Dec 29, 2004, at 8:54, Abyss wrote:
> I have a question about CSS and  @media
> www.abyss.ws the CSS hides the navigation menus (left and right sides
> of the page)

[when printing, yes]

>  but the same basic style sheet for this page http://www.abyss.ws/temp/
> has almost the same CSS code (the only difference is that in the
> second one i use a class instead of the id reference)
>
> when I go to print preview, the menus are still displayed, and I
> cannot figure out why.

The question is off-topic for this validation/validator related list,
but let's see anyway...

Would it be because in the latter, the call to the CSS is specifying
the media "screen", and browsers ignore the @media print within the
stylesheet? I cannot find any normative explanation in
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/media.html but that seems to make sense.

Hope this helps,
--
olivier