Re: Possible bug in markup validator

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:52:05 +0100
To: "White Lynx" <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

* White Lynx wrote:
>Recently I tried to extend XHTML with several custom elements
>and noticed one validation related problem.

That's because the Markup Validator falls back to XHTML 1.0 Transitional
for documents with a html root element and an otherwise unrecognized
document type declaration. XHTML 1.0 Transitional does not use the para-
meter entity as your example assumes hence the error. This has been
fixed in the latest development version and will be fixed in the online
service once it gets updated. Thanks for your report.