Re: An HTML validator error?

On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 05:55, Robert Stampfli wrote:
> The following URL points to file that checks out as valid
> on the on the HTML validator, yet contains what I believe
> is a couple errors.  I have commented each error in the file
>
> <http://cboh.org/w3c_validator_error.html>

I believe that under SGML rules the ";" on the end of an entity is
optional when followed by a character that can not be part of an entity
(such as "<").

As for:

        <!-- The following line contains an error the validator does not
        catch [ no close bracket on 'tr' ] (second of two) -->

I fail to see the missing ">".

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>