Re: Sugestion (document size)

On Aug 17, 2004, at 7:31, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2004, at 12:58 AM, Witold Baryluk wrote:
>> I think that info about size of persed page will be helpfull on the
>> validator page.
>
> The validator already gives this information, but only in the "verbose
> results" page.

Something I overlooked in Witold's message:

>  There can be displayed size from HTTP header, or from counting
> characters if page is dynamicly generated, and there is no Lenght of
> document provided.

And indeed the validator only gives the size if it is stated in the
HTTP headers, and does not calculate the size if it's not given by the
server.

The validator *could* calculate the size of the document being parsed.

I am not convinced yet that the overhead (albeit perhaps minor) for a
feature that is not directly related to the validator's purpose is
worthy.

Opinions welcome.

--
olivier