Cannot complete Link Check of a webpage

From: MCM <Orders1900@Comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:33:30 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

[I have previously written and appreciate the help I received in resolving
with my web host provider a problem handling HTTP HEAD requests for link
checking.]

However, I am still having problems with your Link Checker.

In trying to run your Link checker on my webpage

    www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp

(a page that returns valid HTML as verified by your HTML validation
routine), the checker reports "Processing
http://www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp" and runs for a while and then just
dies--no error is reported.  A link check run on another page that links to
sitemap.asp runs successfully.

sitemap.asp page admittedly has quite a few links.  But is this a bug in
your program?  I am sorry but I cannot run the Link Checker locally from my
hard drive because I do not operate under Unix.

Thank you

Michael McGoodwin