Cannot complete Link Check of a webpage

From: MCM <Orders1900@Comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:33:30 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org

[I have previously written and appreciate the help I received in resolving
with my web host provider a problem handling HTTP HEAD requests for link

However, I am still having problems with your Link Checker.

In trying to run your Link checker on my webpage

(a page that returns valid HTML as verified by your HTML validation
routine), the checker reports "Processing
http://www.mcgoodwin.net/sitemap.asp" and runs for a while and then just
dies--no error is reported.  A link check run on another page that links to
sitemap.asp runs successfully.

sitemap.asp page admittedly has quite a few links.  But is this a bug in
your program?  I am sorry but I cannot run the Link Checker locally from my
hard drive because I do not operate under Unix.

Thank you

Michael McGoodwin