suggestion for improvement of HTML validator's hint text

From: Alexis Huxley <ahuxley@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:14:20 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi WWW-Valiator Team ...

I validated the following HTML:

	        Hello

which has a missing <head></head> section, and the following:

	    <head>
	    </head>
	        Hello

which has a missing <title></title> section.

Unfortunately the hints provided by the validator for these two errors
are very misleading; the first complains about missing <body> when it
encounters </body> and the second about complains abiut missing <head>
when it encounters </head>; in neither case is it mentioned that an
entire attribute open/close pair might be missing.

I would like to suggest that the hint texts are updated - as I spent
quite a while experimenting to see why it wasn't seeing the opening
tags (which it actually *was* seeing!), and would I guess it would
be helpful to other people to avoid this head-scratching!

Thanks in advance for considering this request, thanks for the great
validator, and regards,

Alexis Huxley
ahuxley@gmx.net