Feedback Markup Validation Service v0.67

From: Monique Brunel <monique.brunel@webmaster-hub.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:32:46 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

I had a big discussion with a webmaster on a forum.
He said :
- target_blank is autorised with XHTML 1.1
- W3C validator is bad :-(

So I try to explain, but please excuse my faults, English is not my
maternal language.

http://www.jsand.net/ is not my own site, so if you look at it, perhaps
it will be corrected.
But I've saved page's source and validator's results.

The doctype is bad :

<title>Astuces Windows XP, Programmation, Cours, Photoshop,
Webmastering, Programmes, Hacking, Thèmes XP, etc - [JSAND]</title>
versions, cours HTML, PHP, etc, apprendre à faire un site" />
php, thèmes XP, tutoriaux, webmaster" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css_jsand.css" type="text/css" />
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"

and there are links with target_blank in the code and some other mistakes.

Howether, validator says :

This Page Is Valid -//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 Strict//EN!

I've try with WDG validator and this one says :

Errors and Warnings

line 45, character 55: invalid formal public identifier
"-//W3C//NOTATIONS XHTML Notations 1.0//EN": invalid public text class
line 33, character 35: omitted tag minimization parameter can be omitted
only if "OMITTAG NO" is specified on the SGML declaration
The maximum number of errors was reached. Further errors in the document
have not been reported.

Thanks for your interest and your answer.

en campagne pour des sites conformes aux standards et accessibles...
et des navigateurs évolutifs http://www.mozilla-europe.org/
Pour les amateurs d'athlétisme : http://users.skynet.be/osga/