Re: suggest validator prefer URI to FPI

Terje Bless wrote:

> Come to think about it, these "issues" that have existed for
> a while and have proved tricky to fix should probably be
> documented rather prominently on v.w3.org.

Yes, that would be fine.  IIRC I've sent a message about the
"missing" URL for 2nd ed. of XHML 1.0 in the validator SGML
library, and later after it was added updated all my pages to
reflect this new URL.

After reading this thread I come to the conclusion that I've
wasted a lot of your (and my) time, because the W3 validator
always used its best available DTD, no matter what my pages
said where to find it.
                      Bye, Frank