Validating Protected Pages

From: Sam Carter <scforum@iness.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:05:19 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
This is a feature request...

We develop courses which require users to login for access and tracking
purposes.  The pages are not static.

The only way I can validate these pages today is to login, navigate to the
page, VIEW SOURCE, SELECT ALL, COPY.  At this point, I have a copy of the
HTML in the copy/paste buffer.

WDG offers a direct source input option at

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/direct.html

I then load the URL above, SELECT ALL, in the text input box, PASTE, then
press VALIDATE.

I'd like to see this whole process be a single icon click resulting in a W3C
HTML and / or CSS validation.

Thanks,

Sam