Re: Jigsaw / Validator logs?

Hello Vivek,

On Aug 4, 2004, at 4:12 AM, Satsangi, Vivek wrote:
> I/O Error: Unable to contact target server www.xerox.com:80 after 3
> tries.
> I/O Error 500: Premature end of chunked stream.
> 500 EOF when chunk header expected

If both validators fail with a HTTP 500 error code (500 is server
error, but you probably know that already), it is likely to be a
problem on the server side.

I am not certain exactly what the issue is, but there seems to be a
serious issue  with the data transfer from your web server.

> This last two errors are similar to what our customer is seeing --
> partial HTML pages returned.

Yet another hint of a broken HTTP server.

> 1. Do these sound like any known bugs in the css validator / html
> validator and therefore these errors are not really problems for us?

Not bugs in the validators as far as I can tell.

You should certainly contact Akamai with the list of errors above and
ask them if they understand what is going on with their HTTP servers.
If the errors are so inconsistent, I suspect they are using an array of
servers and that one of them is misbehaving.

> 2. If these are real problems, is it possible for us to some how get
> log extracts from you or some other way to figure out what our server
> is doing wrong so as to upset the jigaw server?

Sorry, no, we don't keep such detailed logs.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
--
olivier