Validator Help

From: Drew Garrett <compnerd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:45:37 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

I believe this problem is actually in Perl, but you never know.  And
since I am not that great at Perl, I can only guess.  Whenever I try
to run the validator on my own server I get this message:

Software error:
Configured SGML Parser '/usr/bin/onsgmls
' not executable! at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/validator/htdocs/check line 192.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster, giving this error message
and the time and date of the error.

Now, I have checked and I know for a fact that /usr/bin/onsgmls is
executable, spelled correctly, and has nothing else to stop it from
running.  So, I commented out those lines in the check file.  It then
gave me an error that /usr/local/validator/htdocs/config/charset.cfg
doesn't exist.  But it does.  Sound weird? Well it is.  And it bugs
the heck out of me.  I have updated all my Perl modules. Here is my
server information:

Apache/2.0.50 (Gentoo/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_11 Perl/v5.8.2 PHP/4.3.8

--
Drew
http://compnerd.mine.nu