Re: [Fwd: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-i18n-html-tech-char-20040509/]

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:01:15 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

>> this is why HTML4 is better-suited to the web today
>> than XHTML

> Well, the conclusion is surely correct
[...]
> Few authors understand that e.g. <a name="foo"/>/
> is perfectly valid HTML4.

Me and my browser, we don't understand these SGML tricks.

That's why I like XHTML better than HTML, and it's quite
easy to create XHTML 1.0 pages visible with "any" browser,
where "any" includes my good old Netscape 3.x.

It's also easy to create scripts for XHTML, parsing XML
is straight forward, unlike SGML.

                     Bye, Frank