Re: Prerequisites list incomplete

Hi David,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004, David Pisoni wrote:
> I wanted to point out that the "Prerequisites" list (on this page:
> <http://validator.w3.org/source/>) is incomplete.

It depends for which version the prerequisites are for. I seems that
the prerequisites list at <http://validator.w3.org/source/> is accurate
for the tarball served from that location.

It is not complete for the beta version or the alpha version, which rely
on more packages, but nor is it supposed to be.

> It is missing three  perl modules distributions:
>
> Config::General
> HTML::Template
> Net::IP

The prerequisites list at <http://validator.w3.org:8001/source/> (for
the beta version) had a mention of Net::Ip but indeed was lacking a
mention of Config-General. I added it.

HTML::Template, though, is only needed for the alpha-stage HEAD code
in CVS, which should only be used by developers. Generally speaking, CVS
code should be used with care and mostly by developers, but the current
HEAD even moreso.

Check the instructions at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/ for
instructions on which parts of the CVS code are safe.

Thanks
--
olivier