Re: (Entire) Site validation

From: Pete Prodoehl <pete@rasterweb.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:13:37 -0500
To: www-validator <www-validator@w3.org>

I wrote some code to do whole site validation, it's a simple perl script
called AutoValidator that sends urls to the validator and tracks the
I've put in some a sleep timer between request so it isn't too harsh if
used on the W3C's validator...

The idea is to have it run nightly/weekly or whatever, and produce a
report on all pages of your site.

A sample of the output it produces is here:

And the code can be found here:

It's at v0.2.1, but it's fairly simple in what it does, and has a pretty
good number of configuration options. (I think so anyway...)

If anyone finds it useful, or has suggestions, please let me know.