Re: Tips for deprecated tags and attributes

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:29:29 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Jere Purmonen wrote:

> How about suggesting semantic/CSS correspondencies to
> deprecated tags and attributes

But only as an option.  I'm absolutely sure why I use <s>
instead of <del>, or why I use align=.  OTOH there is no
convincing reason why I would want to use <font size="+1">
instead of <big>, or textual content outside of any block
elements, or other obsolete constructs which have nothing
to do with "visible with any browser".

                         Bye, Frank