Re: Validating pages that include Flash

From: Andrew Robinson <andrew@bml.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:03:14 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> >
> > 8) Something I haven't thought of
>
> Use <object> for both Mozilla and IE, as in:
>
>    http://www.damowmow.com/playground/demos/flash/001.html

Excellent, this solves my problem, renders correctly in NS4.7 for Mac
OS9, Mozilla 1.2 for Mac OS9 (the final version before they dropped OS9
and wens OSX only), WaMcoM, and all the IE variants I have to hand.

Hopefully the fact that this answer now resides in the archive for this
list will help people, but I think consideration should definitely be
given to putting it more explicitly in the validator faq!

Regards,

- Andy_R