Re: checklink: htmlhelp is forbidden

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 00:33, Nick Kew wrote:

> A while ago I had email from Liam drawing my attention to the fact
> that I'd introduced a similar bug into htmlhelp's own link checker.
> I've since fixed that, and round tuits permitting, I'll take a look
> at the same issue in checklink.

FYI: I have an almost-there implementation of turning the link checker
into a better behaving spider in my workspace.  It's mostly a trivial
change; extend LWP::RobotUA instead of LWP::UserAgent, but there is
still some work to do on the UI side.

While at it, suggestions for the default/minimum delay between requests
to a server are welcome.  1 second?  Should it be configurable, and if,
in the online version, and/or in command line use?  As mentioned before
on the list, we still have the tradeoff between the "well-behavedness"
and the "check-while-u-wait" (conflicting) roles of the link checker to
weigh...