Validating password protected pages

From: Greg Westin <w3c-validator@gregwestin.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:07:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

I can't seem to get my pages protected by digest authentication to
validate properly.  Does the W3C validator not support digest
authentication, or is there some other problem?  The realm and site names
show up wrong in the authentication window, which might be part of the
problem?  Rather than something like "Restricted Area", it shows
"httpsitename.dom.ain-Restricted Area" as the realm, and
"validator.w3.org" as the site name (where sitename.dom.ain is the name of
the site I'm attempting to validate).

Thank you for any help you can provide on this issue.

Sincerely,

Greg Westin
---
http://www.gregwestin.com/