Re: Just a quick tips

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:12:26 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, danield@w3.org
To: "Pedersen, Simon (EDS)" <pederss@bp.com>

Greetings Simon,

On Saturday, Sep 6, 2003, at 16:45 Asia/Tokyo, Pedersen, Simon (EDS)
wrote:
> check out the following:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/
> QuickTips/
>
> ironic, isn't it?

Ironic it is, indeed, since this page states "Check your work.
Validate. Use tools, checklist, and guidelines at
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG", and apparently the page was not checked for
validity since it was last edited... But I don't think anyone should be
blamed or laughed at for not being perfect and making mistakes, should
they? :)

It is thus more useful to report invalid pages (even those at W3C) to
their author(s) [here, danield@w3.org, credited at the bottom of the
quicktips page, whom I copy] than to the validator's list, which
purpose is to discuss the validator, not (in)valid pages on the Web.

Cheers and thanks for the report, I'm certain the Quicktips page will
be fixed soon thanks to you.
--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org