Re: Help Wanted: New Name/Interface for "Fussy" Parse Mode

Terje Bless <link@pobox.com> writes:

> The concept it should get across, in two or preferably a single word,
> is that of applying stricter, perhaps excessively so, rules; that does
> use still the process of validation, but without implying anything
> about the formal validity or lack of it in the results.

Perhaps it could be called "pedantic" checking? This not only has a
precedent of sorts in the GCC/G++ compiler flag of the same name, but is
also, I think, by itself a good layman's one-word encapsulation of the
concept as you describe it above: "applying stricter, perhaps
excessively so, rules".

--
Leo Breebaart  <leo@lspace.org>