Hi, Nick.. Thank you for your post.. I am even as I type trying to switch my own mind over to 1.1 Strict. I just suggested Transitional to Jim as an option to consider if he hadn't already. Turns out he himself is solid into 1.1 Strict. I personally enjoy it and certainly see the advantages of staying with the coding that provides the widest range of functionality.

Hopefully this question I have won't seem off topic. I am recoding my own pages as I hinted. I just found CSS3 while I was reworking my style sheets. What I saw on W3C said that CSS3, as with anything ever suggested, could one day be abandoned as not feasible/workable. Any feedback on what you think about whether or not CSS3 will indeed really be the next step to take, or is it still too shaky to apply widespread?

Thanks also for the comment on Fussy. I'd seen you all type about it on occasion but had not had time to see what it was and what it did.. I'l l have to go back and see now that you say it has that capability. Once I understand it more, maybe I can do my own little part to help promote it, too.. :o)

Have a great day!

Cindy Sue

>From: Nick Kew
>To: Cindy Sue
>CC:
>Subject: Re: is this right?
>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:49:02 +0100 (BST)
>

>On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Cindy Sue wrote:
>
> > end tag. If it was me, I'd consider moving to at least XHTML
> > transitional
>
>Aaargh! Transitional is for pre-1998 legacy pages, not for new work
>this century!
>
> > if for no other reason than that the validator will catch
> > those missing closing tags for you..
>
>XHTML will indeed achieve that effect, but is by no means necessary.
>If you select "fussy" mode in a validator that supports it[1], it'll
>complain about missing end tags in HTML too.
>
>[1] e.g. http://valet.webthing.com/page/ on the Web, or
> http://www.webthing.com/software/validator-lite/ on the desktop
> - or the current Beta of the W3 Validator.
>

>--
>Nick Kew

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month.*
*Depending on the local service providers in your area.