Quick problem getting the validator working

From: Chris Hyzer <mchyzer@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello,

I have redhat 9, trying to get the validator working.
I had a few problems with the onsgmls and had to tweak
the CGI "check" a little bit.  But overall everything
works except where it displays the individual problem
output on the webpage (i.e. it says the page is not
valid, but does not list the reasons why).

Here is an example:
http://flash.isc-seo.upenn.edu:8000/validator/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.upenn.edu&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional&charset=utf-8+%28Unicode%2C+worldwide%29

When I run the command that displays on the webpage on
the linux box, I dont get an error, and hit CRTL-c to
get back to the prompt:

[mchyzer@flash bin]$ /usr/bin/onsgmls -D
/usr/local/validator/htdocs/sgml-lib -c sgml.soc -E0
-R -wvalid -wnon-sgml-char-ref -wno-duplicate

[mchyzer@flash bin]$ /usr/bin/onsgmls -v
/usr/bin/onsgmls:I: "OpenSP" version "1.5"

[mchyzer@flash bin]$

Any ideas as to why things arent working as expected?
Thanks,

Chris