Re: Timeout Error

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:21:15 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "John and Margaret Horton" <johnhorton@iprimus.com.au>

Greetings John,

On Friday, Oct 17, 2003, at 11:06 Asia/Tokyo, John and Margaret Horton
wrote:
> I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve
> <http://home.iprimus.com.au/johnhorton/Pages/search.html>:
> 500 read timeout
> Please make sure you have entered the URI correctly.

Strange, it seems to work fine, at least now.
<http://validator.w3.org/
check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.iprimus.com.au%2Fjohnhorton%2FPages%2Fsearch
.html> happily validates this page.

> even though I know the link is correct, any ideas?

It may have been a temporary network failure somewhere between the
validator and your server. But apparently, everything is back to normal.

Nice design, by the way.
--
olivier