Re: proper count of <td> tags, colspan attribute, rowspan attribute

From: Saqib Ali <saqib@seagate.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:49:35 -0800 (PST)
To: FJ_Thuringia@web.de
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

try xmlproc_parse (comes with RedHat or you can d/l from sourceforge.net)

xmlproc_parse is not a validating parser, i.e. it can not tell if the html
document is valid HTML or not.
It just checks if the document is well-defined or not, i.e. it checks if
tags have been opened/closed properly.

There are also WYSIWYG commercial tools that help a author avoid making
mistakes in the markup. Check http://www.corel.com

Hope this will help. :)
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net <---- HTML/XHTML/DocBook Validator