Re: Validator and XHTML 1.1

Le Mercredi, 5 nove 2003, à 02:42 America/Montreal, Irene Vatton a
écrit :
> Things are not so clear.

Things are clear. We talked about XHTML 1.1, XHTML 1.1 has a dtd and a
spec. If it doesn't respect the DTD, it's just not valid.

> But there is still a problem to validate documents with multiple
> namespaces.

It's not in XHTML 1.1, therefore it's not valid XHTML 1.1

> This was already discussed with validator folks and the W3C team, but
> there  is no solution today.
> Mimasa developed a new DTD that allows to mix XHTML + MathML + SVG,

	And it's not XHTML 1.1 but "XHTML + MathML + SVG"
	which is again something different.

You can validate a multinamespace document only with XML Schema and not
with DTDs. DTD technologies can't be used for multi-namespaces.

It's simple, so there's no problem. If Amaya produces a document which
doesn't validate with XHTML 1.1 dtd, it's not anymore a valid XHTML 1.1
document.

All of that said, it doesn't mean that people do not have the right to
create not valid but well formed document.

It might be interesting to start a module for the validator to validate
multinamespaces documents with XML Schemas... but Rigo you'll have to
find volunteers for that.

	I remind that the validator is entirely made by ***wonderful
volunteers***:

		Terje Bless and Nick Kew
		and that a lot of people are participating to this effort.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***