Installing on Mac OS X

From: Gabriel Birke <birke@kontor4.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:48:12 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

today I tried to install the validator on a Mac OS X 10.1 box and I
wanted to share my experiences.

onsgml comiled ok from source.

Perl 5.8 and the modules needed for validator were installed

There is just one problem with the iconv module. I installed the lib
from source (got the tarball from http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/
and compiled it without problems). After the installation the make and
make install process for Text::Iconv worked just fine.

But the check script exits and writes the following error message in
the log file:
dyld: perl Undefined symbols:

I am just a web developer and I don't know the reason for this error
message or how I can fix the problem. Is there a solution to this?

Here is the list of installed files for perl iconv:

Here is the list of installed files for iconv:

With best regards

Gabriel Birke

KONTOR4_Neue Medien
Nelkenstrasse 3