Re: Restriction of national IP only

From: Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP] <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:19:00 +0100
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
CC: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, "Jan Dudík" <jdudik@volny.cz>

Terje Bless wrote:

> Jan DudĂ­k <jdudik@volny.cz> wrote:
>
> >I have one problem: my pages are placed on freeweb, but the provider had
> >some problem with spammers and made restrictions, taht this pages are
> >acessable only for people from .cz and .sk topdomain.
>
> And you wanted us to do, /what/, exactly about this? :-)

Jan did make that clear : he wrote "I thing there might be some mirrors
in various topdomains for controlling the pages with this restriction..."

> I'm afraid you'll have to take this up with your hosting provider. There is
> little we can do about this on our end. Sorry.

So whilst I'm sure both Jan and other subscribers would fully accept that
the W3C can't do anything directly, perhaps a pointer to a "how to mirror"
document would have been more helpful than a blank dismissal.

Philip Taylor, RHBNC